Monday, May 4, 2009

Unfinished Business - The New York Times

Today, I needed this one last blog post, so I went to The New York Times website in hopes of finding something interesting.  This editorial piece stood out to me the most.  It is talking about why Iraq is failing.  It is perfectly clear from the beginning of the article that the author did not support Bush's war there (who did?).  However, he also does not blame anything that the United States did for why Iraq is still so unstable.  He blames the Iraqi government, which has failed to make the changes necessary in ensuring peace and stability.

I thought that it was very interesting to have someone take this angle.  When I first started reading the article, I thought that it was going to be just another bash on Bush.   I found it kind of enlightening to see that someone saw another angle to the story and didn't want to just lay all of the blame upon the Bush administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment