Friday, May 1, 2009

Classmate Blog

I was just looking though everyone's blogs when I came across one that Lindsay wrote about the swine flu and thought I'd post about that because I had also just written something about it. According to Lindsay's post, television news coverage of the outbreak was horrible. I thought that was kind of interesting because I was not too disappointed with what I heard on NPR about it. They gave the symptoms, in addition to the report that I posted on a few minutes ago about the controversy about the U.S.-Mexico border.

I think that it is really interesting to see that the television news is doing such a poor job reporting on the outbreak. And from what I have seen, I totally agree with Lindsay. Everything that I have seen on TV about the swine flu kind of made me feel like I needed to hide under my bed and stay away from people until it is over. Then i sit back and think about it for five seconds and realize that twenty infected people in New York City out of the millions of people who live there is not really that bad.

Another thing that I found to be interesting was that Internet news coverage seems to be about the same as television coverage. Articles like this give the impression that there is no hope... that we are doomed to the swine flu.

Also, as I said in my other post about this issue, the United States is perfectly equipped with the medical resources to treat the swine flu. We aren't living in Mexico people!! If you're feeling sick, do what you always do and go to the doctor for some medicine. No need for all of this panic really.

No comments:

Post a Comment