Monday, May 4, 2009

CNN v. Fox News

Yesterday, I spent a little bit of time flipping back and forth between CNN and Fox News.  I'll be honest, I usually only watch either of these programs when either I have nothing else to do or there is something specific going on that the other networks are not yet covering.  I have always found both to be kind of boring, and always preferred to get news and information from the internet.  Well, after spending nearly an hour back and forth between the two, my mind has not changed.  I still find both to be rather boring and really do not see much difference between the two.  I know that it is said that Fox News is more conservative and CNN offers objective coverage, but to me it was hard to tell because both lacked any real information and substance.

For instance, when talking about President Obama's crack down on business taxes, both CNN and Fox News reported on what the plan was.  To me, this is a pretty important thing because I think that the government needs to crack down on the things that American businesses get away with so that they can give back to the average person who has done nothing wrong their entire life.  However, neither of these networks really seemed to care, and they both moved swiftly to the next topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment