Monday, May 4, 2009

Hannity



On the April 29, 2009 episode of the show, Hannity showed a recap of Obama's first 100 days in office.  The recap basically showed all the things that went wrong, or all of the things that the conservatives did not agree with.  When I did my post on CNN versus Fox News, I really saw no difference.  However, on Hannity's show, I saw just how conservative Fox News can be.  Personally, I am a conservative, so I really did not see anything wrong with the video, and actually agreed with quite a bit of it.  I think that the United States sensationalized this man and let him have free reign for 100 days, paying little attention to what was going on.  The video showed a lot of truths.  Promises that Obama made to the people that he has not followed through with.  One thing that struck me in particular was the fact that Obama gave a specific date for when the war on terror would be over and all of the American troops could come home.  How is that even possible?  No one man can say exactly when a war will end, especially a war like this one where half of the enemies may be yet unknown.  

However, there is another side to this.  This may kind of fall into another comparison of CNN and Fox News, but it is necessary.  CNN has up on their website a progress report of Obama's first 100 days.  Instead of critiquing what he has done wrong or praising what has gone right, they just pose questions and tell what Obama intends to do in order to solve it.

I think that both of these types of coverage are important in that it is crucial to understand exactly what a President is doing with his powers and that it is necessary to know what he intends to do.  I think that Hannity delivered a very good video with important substance, things that the American people need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment